The CEL team comprises mental health professionals adept at supporting and promoting mental wellness, organisational development and change, and conducting psychological testing and evaluation. All our consultants possess credentials and qualifications from accredited programmes and professional awarding bodies from various countries. Clinical supervision and professional development courses keep our consultants abreast of current research and advancements in the mental health field.
CEL is a listed consultant & service provider of Singapore Health Promotion Board’s (HPB) Workplace Health Promotion Initiative, the WHP Programme.
CEL is committed to promoting psychological wellness of individuals and optimising organisational performance.
With our expertise in psychology, consultation, and professional development, we are well-versed in providing a wide range of services to empower individuals, enhance personal well-being, and attain organisational effectiveness.
Our clinical services include provision of psychological intervention in a range of therapeutic approaches.
The therapeutic approaches that our consultants are experienced in include:
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Attachment Therapy
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT)
If you are interested in our intervention services, please contact us to discuss this further so we can develop the most appropriate therapeutic approach that responds flexibly to your psychological and emotional needs.
We also conduct a comprehensive range of psychological assessments for adults and children that consist of diagnostic interviews, behavioural observations and standardised psychometric instruments. These include:
- Learning disabilities
- Developmental disabilities
- Behavioural and emotional issues
- Cognitive and adaptive functioning
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (which includes the condition formerly known as Asperger Syndrome)
Please contact us to discuss how the psychological assessments will be conducted, and what they entail.
CEL is passionate about creating a healthy, productive, and supportive workforce by designing and implementing effective workplace wellness programmes based on the unique needs of each organisation’s corporate profile. Apart from providing emotional and psychological support to employees, we also present opportunities for education and dialogue through our talks on:
- Work-life balance
- Personal branding
- Fatigue management
- Emotional excellence
- Resilience in times of change
- Enhancing productivity and motivation
- Managing challenging emotions in the workplace
All our programmes are tailor-made to meet the specific needs of your organisation. Following the initial enquiry, we are likely to arrange a meeting with your team or organisation to perform a diagnostic event. This provides us with a wealth of information that allows us to develop a package for your organisation that best meets your employees’ needs.
If you or your organisation have an enquiry about our services, please contact us.
CEL offers services to both individuals and organisations and works in collaboration with the management team, human resources and occupational health providers to offer:
- Advice to companies and organisations regarding employee well-being
- Organisational consultancy on psychological well-being
Our areas of expertise include stress management, conflict management, employee development, organisational change & facilitating transitions and team building.
Provision of on-site consultation clinics can be arranged.
We believe that psychological well-being is incredibly important for the workplace, the functioning of individuals, teams and organisations. If you or your organisation have an enquiry about our services, please contact us.
CEL provides critical incident stress management, on-site support and psychological debriefing to individuals and groups affected by incidents occurring in or out of the workplace. CISM was developed to mitigate the impact of a traumatic event, facilitate normal recovery processes and aid in the restoration of adaptive functioning.
Training and Development
We offer a range of half and full-day workshops on popular psychological topics. All our workshops aim to introduce a topic of psychology with wide applications to everyday life, consider how it might apply to participants’ current situation, and teach practical skills that enhance daily living.
Some of the topics we cover in our workshops are:
- Parenting skills
- Crisis management
- Suicide intervention
- Managing grief and loss
- Mindfulness for stress reduction
- Team coaching and leadership skills
- Developing resilience in times of stress
- Effective communication and rapport building
Our workshops are constantly evolving and employ a range of training modalities, including didactic teaching, use of media, and experiential learning to enhance participant engagement and understanding.
If you are interested in finding out more about our professional development workshops, please contact us.
Based on the information provided to us during the intake assessment, we might recommend that you see our consultant psychiatrist to complement the psychological assessment.
Recognising that organisations are unique, central to our approach is gaining an understanding of the individual needs and context of each client company, tailoring our services to match organisational needs. You are welcome to contact us at 6338 3383 to discuss collaborative opportunities
- Founded in 1988, we have worked closely with many local and multinational organisations in identifying and maximising the potential of individuals and teams, and in promoting and maintaining psychological well-being and growth.
- Our directors are founders of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy & Wellness Clinics which comprises The Psychiatric and Behavioural Medicine Clinic and The Psychotherapy Clinic for Adults and Children.
- We have been partners of many major clients across different industries for over 20 years in Singapore and Malaysia. Additionally, CEL is well-placed to provide services for clients across and beyond Asia because of our collaborative partnerships and affiliates globally.
- We are well-versed to provide a wide range of services to empower individuals, enhance personal well-being and attain organisational effectiveness. Besides providing EAP services, our core businesses include crisis management, clinical therapies and assessments, management consulting, and training.
It is a short-term, solution focused, confidential intervention provided to employees and their eligible family members to help meet the challenges of life.
The EAP is a benefit that provides resources and solutions for the problems you encounter. Just as health insurance is designed to address your physical health, your EAP benefit is designed to assist your emotional and mental well-being.
- Family and marital well-being
- Children’s needs
- Advice for supporting ill or aging parents
- Adapting to change
- Managing conflicts
- Team relations
- Work-life balance
- Career motivation and satisfaction
- Stress, anxiety and coping
- Grief and bereavement
- Anger management
- Alcohol and drug dependency
- Health concerns
- Financial questions and concerns
- Legal questions
We also operate an emergency helpline that offers you 24/7 access to EAP.
You will need to identify yourself as an EAP member and indicate the name of your employer.
Otherwise, our client services team will schedule a phone or face-to-face consultation at the earliest possible date. You will then have a set number of sessions with our consultants to address your concerns.
On the first face-to-face appointment, please bring along your staff pass for verification purposes.
If you are referred for other services, there may be a cost. Our consultants will work with you to find the most affordable method to cover the cost of additional services.
However, in cases where managers determine that their staff might benefit from the EAP, managers can either encourage their employees to seek support from the EAP, or make a formal referral. Use of the EAP is not a substitute for progressive discipline or mediation. It can help improve performance by addressing personal issues that may be preventing employees from being their best at work.
If you have been referred by your manager due to emotional or behavioural concerns, we will ask if you would like to sign consent for a release of information so that we can let your manager know whether you attended EAP sessions and followed through with recommendations.
The only exceptions to confidentiality are events of court subpoena, and if your consultant assesses that you pose a risk to yourself or others (acutely suicidal, homicidal, child abuse or elder abuse).
Clinical & Corporate Office
10 Sinaran Drive #11-34/35
Novena Medical Center
Tel: (65) 6338 3383
Fax: (65) 6338 3188
Effective Living Sdn Bhd
Unit 15-01, Level 15,
Tower A Vertical Business Suite,
Avenue 3, Bangsar South,
No. 8 Jalan Kerinchi,
59200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 603-2242 0444 / 1144 / 3444
Fax: 603-2242 4488
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com